Friday 23rd October -
Sunday 6th December 2020
Our Selected Exhibition will be held online for 6 weeks. Throughout the exhibition, buyers will be able to view and purchase artwork on this website.
Our judges will select work for the exhibition in the same way works are selected for a physical exhibition. As a result, art lovers will get a curated view of the best water-based media art from the East Anglian region.
Submissions will open on Wednesday 12 August and close at midnight (GMT) on Monday 5th October 2020.
It is crucial that artists who take part read the following key pieces of information before submitting artwork.
Selected exhibition awards 2020
- The Royal Watercolour Society President's Award: Open category
- The Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colour Award: Open category
- The Sorrell Award: Open category
- The SEAW Members Award: Open category, awarded to a SEAW Member
- The St Cuthberts Mill Award: For an outstanding pure watercolour
- The Brush Award: For a painting that displays brush expertise
- The AJ Ludlow Award: For best use of warm and cool palette
- The Daniel Smith Award: For innovative use of colour
- The Daniel Smith Award: For imaginative use of texture
- Tindalls Rosebowl Award: Open category trophy and prize
- Tindalls Art Prize 1: Open category
- Tindalls Art Prize 2: Open category
- The Cambridge District Art Circle Award: TBA
The Society holds three exhibitions throughout the year
The society awards prizes for paintings determined to be best in show by the judges at our annual selected exhibition.
‘Completely bowled over by the exhibition, absolutely beautiful’.
‘Super exhibition – lovely to see beautiful expressive watercolour’.
‘Beauty in paint, paper, perfection: excellent’
‘Wonderful variety of subjects and some very talented artists’.
‘A truly superb collection of very gifted works’.
‘Very talented exhibition’.
‘Excellent exhibition showing such variety of water medium’.
‘Interesting how varied the styles are, lots of talent and atmosphere in the paintings’.
‘Amazingly accomplished artists!’
‘Amazing watercolour exhibition, lots of variety of techniques – lovely’.
‘Wonderful exhibition, such variety, such talent’.
‘Very enjoyable and particularly well displayed’.
A guide to photographing your work for submission to exhibitions.
A guide to presenting and delivering artwork to exhibitions.