3 - 27 February 2022
Handa Gallery, Wells Maltings, Wells-next-the-sea, Norfolk
This is our annual selected exhibition. Each painting will be judged by a selector panel chosen from outside of the society. In addition to selection, there are prizes awarded for different aspects of watercolour excellence.
The judges for 2022 are:
Lillias August RI: Artist
John Crossley RWS: Artist
Richard Sorrell PPRWS, NEAC: Artist
To view the award winners from previous selected exhibitions, click here.
Awash 2022 - Selected exhibition awards
- The Royal Watercolour Society President's Award: Open category
- The Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colour Award: Open category
- The Sorrell Award: Open category
- The SEAW Members Award: Open category, awarded to a SEAW Member
- The St Cuthberts Mill Award: For an outstanding pure watercolour
- The Brush Award: For a painting that displays brush expertise
- The AJ Ludlow Award: For best use of warm and cool palette
- The Daniel Smith Award: For innovative use of colour
- The Daniel Smith Award: For imaginative use of texture
- Tindalls Rosebowl Award: Open category trophy and prize
- Tindalls Art Prize 1: For impressive watercolour fluidity
- Tindalls Art Prize 2: For effective use of light and dark
The Society holds three exhibitions throughout the year
The society awards prizes for paintings determined to be best in show by the judges at our annual selected exhibition.