TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
(EXHIBITION SALES ONLINE PLATFORM)
- These terms and conditions of sale (“Terms”) apply to the sale of all goods online between the Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (the SEAW) (“we/us”) and any visitors (“you”) to the website at https://eastanglianwatercolourists.co.uk (“Site”). For all pre- and post-sale enquiries, please contact salesatSEAW@gmail.com
- We may contract with you either as agent of the relevant artist(s) or as principal if we are the seller. No contract shall exist between you and us for the sale of any goods until we acknowledge your Order, confirming availability of the goods and acceptance of your order placed on our Enquiry Form by email. These Terms represent the entire agreement between us.
- The price and description of the goods are displayed on our Site. Such information is subject to change without notice.
- The price of paintings displayed on the website is the price for the painting only, without any framing or delivery cost. Framing and delivery will be agreed with the artist once the painting purchase has been completed on our website.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
- We endeavour to ensure that all of the items shown on the Site are accurately represented. There may, however, be some slight variations (and this should be expected) between what you see and what you receive in any order, which you agree to accept, provided the variations are not substantial.
- Neither we nor any of the society officers are responsible for the correctness of any statement as to the authorship, origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or provenance of any work nor for any other errors of description or for any faults or defects in any work.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure by using a third party payment provider whom we believe uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, making our pages secure. Accordingly, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to your information, either on our Site or our payment provider’s.
- The price of the goods is payable in full at the time of placing the order.
- Receipts for payment will be issued on request by email for any purchases made online from the Site
- All goods are subject to availability. Any order placed for goods shall constitute a reservation only of the item until we have had an opportunity to verify its availability and notify you by email that your order is confirmed.
RECEIPT OF GOODS
- The artist may recommend a framer but neither the SEAW or the artist takes responsibility for the quality of the framing. The cost of the framing will be paid to the framer and not to the SEAW.
- The artist is responsible for liaising with the buyer to arrange delivery or collection of the painting to the buyer or the framer of their choice. The cost for the delivery will be calculated by the artist and will be paid by the buyer directly to the artist.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
- You may cancel an order for goods for any reason within fourteen working days, beginning with the day after the day on which you received the goods.
- If you cancel an order within this timeframe, you should notify us in writing at SalesatSEAW@gmail.com. If you have already taken delivery of the painting, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to the artist. A refund of the painting cost only will be provided by us once the artist has verified that the painting has been returned in a saleable condition. We recommend that you insure the painting in transit if you have concerns about this.
- You must return the goods within fourteen days of cancellation and at your own expense. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- In some cases, we work with external suppliers to provide certain services, such as payment processing. All data is transferred securely and all external suppliers have signed data processing and confidentiality agreements with us.
- We will never sell, rent or exchange your details with any third parties outside of The Society of East Anglian Watercolourists/artists exhibiting in this exhibition.
- If either you or we are in breach of these Terms, neither of us will be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the breach and shall not in any event include losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions and any sale of goods to which they apply and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters arising from these Terms.