These conditions apply to all Society of East Anglian Watercolourists exhibitions.
1. General Conditions
- These conditions apply to the submission and exhibition of Works managed by the Society of East Anglian Watercolourists (SEAW) and any gallery hosting their exhibition.
- Further specific regulations and fees for each exhibition may apply to each exhibition.
- The size of works to be provided is the exterior frame size.
- All Works must be exhibition-ready.
- Metal frames and clip frames are not permitted.
- For safety reasons, glazed works with unprotected glass edges are not permitted.
4. Eligibility for submission to exhibitions
- Unless other wise stated for a specific exhibition, our open submission exhibitions are open to artists shall live in, or be associated with, the counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Bedfordshire.
- All artists will be responsible for the submission of their own tax returns and payment of tax (both VAT and Income Tax) to UK HMRC where applicable.
- Works accepted in the digital First Stage Selection stage of the open exhibition will be listed on the selection website. All communication regarding exhibitions will be by email.
6. Collection of works
- Dates for collection of works will be published on the SEAW website. These are the only times when works maybe collected.
- Any uncollected works will be removed from the gallery and stored at the artist’s expense.
- If an external storage company is used, the society cannot provide any guarantees about storage charges or conditions.
- Unless otherwise stated, the SEAW will charge a commission on the total price paid for exhibited works.
- Once work has been submitted to the SEAW, any sale made by the society before or during the course of the exhibition shall take precedence and supersede one made privately. Any private sale will incur the normal commission.
- The price of Works stated must include commission of 35%. If the artist is registered for VAT, then the VAT due on the selling price of the Works should also be included in the price entered on the form and it is the artist’s responsibility to record, and pay that VAT to UK HMRC.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to works, will remain the property of the artist and any enquiries in relation to such rights will be referred to the artist.
- The SEAW and gallery hosting an exhibition have the right to copy and/or reproduce the works and to communicate and/or issue such copies to the public in connection with the exhibition, for advertising the exhibition and for general marketing or promotional purposes, and other related activities, including without limitation the incorporation of images of the works within promotional and marketing materials.
- The SEAW and/or the hosting gallery undertake no responsibility whatsoever for any loss of, or any damage to, works entrusted to them, whether arising from fire, default, error, neglect or theft by carriers, packers or other persons and whether in their own employment or not, or otherwise howsoever and all goods are at artist owner’s risk absolutely.
- Artists submitting their works to the SEAW (whether for an exhibition or any other purpose) shall indemnify and keep indemnified the society against any actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, charges, costs and expenses which they may incur arising out of or in connection with any actual or alleged financial or contractual arrangements between the artist and any third party.
11. Personal Data
- The SEAW reserves the right to disqualify any Work if the artist has failed to adhere to these Terms and Conditions and the relevant rules and by-laws of the Society.
Completion of the submission form (either online or paper-based) for any SEAW exhibition is to be taken as the unreserved agreement of the entire contents of these terms and conditions, and any supplementary conditions applicable to a specific exhibition as published on the SEAW website or submission form.